- 1 pre-baked pizza shell or your favorite pizza dough recipe, unbaked
- 2 cups low-fat, shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup fresh, chopped basil
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Combine the shredded mozzarella and the olive oil in a bowl. Let marinate in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Top the pizza dough with half of the cheese mixture, then top with half of the basil and pepper flakes.
- Repeat layers. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (204 °C) about 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.