Pizza Tomato Sauce
How to make tomato sauce for topping homemade pizzas.
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Low Sodium Smart Balance Or Unsalted Butter
- 1 whole Clove Of Garlic – Finely Minced (optional)
- ½ cups Finely Chopped Onions
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 8 ounces, weight No-salt Added Crushed Tomatoes
- 6 ounces, weight Tomato Paste (no Salt Added)
- 1 whole Bay Leaf
- 12 ounces, fluid Water
- Make sure you have everything ready. In a large sauce pan melt butter with olive oil on medium heat.
- Add the chopped onions, garlic and cook until onions are transparent.
- Add other ingredients, bring to a boil and simmer on low heat for about 25-30 minutes. Remove the bay leaf.
Hey there! I found your blog while just browsing and it just caught my attention! Here is my easy pizza sauce recipe:
15 oz. tomato sauce,
4 oz. tomato paste,
1 teaspoon onion powder,
1 teaspoon minced parsley,
1 teaspoon dried basil,
1 teaspoon dried oregano,
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder,
Freshly ground pepper,
1 tablespoon granulated sugar (optional).
Stir together the tomato paste and sauce. Add the onion powder, parsley, basil, oregano, and garlic powder, and pepper, mixing well. Taste, adding salt as desired. Taste again; if desired, add the sugar.