Focaccia With Ricotta
- 500 g plain flour
- 1 packet dried yeast
- 1 tsp. sugar
- pinch of salt
- 40 ml cooking oil
- 250-300 ml warm water
- 500 g ricotta
- 2 egg yolks
- 50 g feta or Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 dsp. olive or vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Put yeast and warm water into a mixing bowl (dough hook) and mix.
- Add the remaining ingredients and knead to a smooth dough.
- Place a lid on the mixing bowl and leave to stand in a warm place until the dough has visibly increased in volume (approx. 45 min.).
- Knead the dough briefly once more.
- Divide the pizza dough into two portions and roll out on a floured surface to a thickness of about 1 cm. One of the dough sheets should be approximately the size of the baking tray and the other sheet at least 4 cm larger. Grease the baking tray with two dessertspoons of oil and place the larger sheet on the tray. Prick several times with a fork.
- Pre-heat your oven to 200°C (400°F, gas mark 6).
- Place the ricotta with the remaining ingredients in the mixing bowl, mix together and then spread this mixture over the dough sheet. Place the second smaller dough sheet over this to cover the focaccia. Press the edges firmly together to seal the sheets.
- Prick the foccacia in various places with a fork and leave to rise under a damp cloth for approximately 1 hour. Then brush the focaccia with the beaten egg and bake for 25 min. at 200°C (400°F, gas mark 6).