Figs with Mascarpone
The taste of fresh figs is so good, there is nothing to compare. Fresh figs taste delicious all on their own. However, this simple dessert recipe makes a beautiful, as well as, tasteful presentation. If you do not like the slightly sharp flavor of mascarpone cheese, try the yogurt or whip cream instead.
- 6 to 8 fresh figs
- 1¼ cups cherry, raspberry or strawberry juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup berry topping sauce, strained (try Smuckers Triple Berry Topping Sauce)
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese, or vanilla yogurt, or whip cream
- Wash figs with cold water and place in a bowl.
- In a saucepot, warm the juice, cinnamon stick and lemon juice just to the boiling point. Remove from heat and pour over figs. Allow to soak for at least one hour.
- Slice the figs in half.
- Pour a few tablespoons of berry topping (after straining through a fine mesh) onto four or six serving plates.
- Arrange two or three fig halves onto the sauce on each serving plate.
- Serve with a spoonful of mascarpone or yogurt or whip cream. Enjoy with a hot cup of Espresso!