Crostini with Crab Salad
Crostini with crab salad and olive oil is light, quick and simple appetizer for your next party.
Crab Meat Salad:
- 1 lb fresh crab meat
- ½ cup olive oil, and more for drizzling at serving time
- 1 roasted bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh chives
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil chopped
- juice and grated zest of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 garlic cloves
- pinch of salt
- 1 stick of softened butter, or margarine
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- black pepper
- 14-16 slices of baguette
- Clean crab meat of their shells, and put in bowl.
- Add oil, bell pepper, chives, basil, lemon juice and zest, and mix well. Set aside while you prepare the crostini.
- Finely chop garlic and sprinkle with salt, then mash together into a paste.
- In small bowl mix softened butter, lemon juice, and the garlic paste. Then season with pepper.
- Wrap mixture with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready.
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F (180°C).
- Spread bread slices with garlic butter. Bake for 10 minutes, then broil tops for just about 1 minute.
- Let crostini cool before spreading with crab salad. Place on a platter and garnish with a few fresh basil leaves. Drizzle extra olive oil. Enjoy!