Couscous, mozzarella and tomato salad
Simple salad with fresh tomatoes, basil and mozzarella. You can make it for a BBQ, keep in the refrigerator to cool, and enjoy cold salad.
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- ¾ cup diced fresh mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice or ½ teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper or ¼ teaspoon tricolor pepper, to taste
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and minced
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- basil leaves, for garnish
- First, take large size bowl and combine in this bowl, salt, pepper, garlic, along with tomato, mozzarella, lemon juice, olive oil and shallots.
- Then toss properly and then keep in refrigerator for marinating for thirty mins, covered.
- Then take a saucepan, and heat water to boiling in it, then take couscous and mix in.
- Then remove from stove and keep aside for five mins, covered.
- Then fluff the couscous and allow to cool.
- Take chopped basil along with cooled couscous and add them both to tomato mixture in bowl and then toss properly.
- Use whole basil leaves for garnish.