- 2 pounds of fresh broccoli
- 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of ground oregano
- 2 teaspoons of fine ground salt
- 2 tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
Serving size: 4.
178 Calories per serving.
8 grams of fat.
- To begin this recipe you will first need to thoroughly wash and rinse your broccoli under cool running tap water. Next take out a sharp knife and trim off the leaves and tough part of the broccoli stem.
- Take a large boiling pot, fill it with water, add one teaspoon of salt, and then bring the water to a boil. Once you have a rolling boil, place the whole or chopped broccoli into the water, and cook it until it’s tender, or you can easily poke the broccoli stem with a fork.
- Once your broccoli is cooked, drain the water and place the broccoli into a serving dish. Next take out a small mixing bowl, and then add in the extra virgin olive oil, ground oregano, cayenne pepper, remaining salt, and the fresh squeezed lemon juice. Using a spoon or whisk rapidly stir up these ingredients until you have an even and consistent mixture.
- Lastly begin spooning the olive oil mixture over the broccoli. The broccoli can be served either warm as a side dish, or cold by itself or as a part of a salad.
We hope you have enjoyed this recipe, please be sure to check out our many other boiled vegetable recipes.