- 50 g pine nuts
- 3 – 4 bunches basil (approx. 75 g)
- 2 – 3 cloves of garlic
- salt (possibly coarse sea salt)
- 100 ml cold-pressed olive oil
- 50 g grated pecorino or Parmesan
- freshly ground black pepper
- Lightly roast the pine nuts in a dry pan. Pluck the basil leaves from the stems, peel the garlic cloves.
- Set up the blender. Chop the pine nuts, basil and garlic for at least 1 min. at the lowest setting together with 1 tsp. salt and half of the olive oil.
- Gradually add the cheese, then pour in the remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper.