Pizza Tomato Sauce
How to make tomato sauce for topping homemade pizzas.
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Low Sodium Smart Balance Or Unsalted Butter
- 1 whole Clove Of Garlic – Finely Minced (optional)
- ½ cups Finely Chopped Onions
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 8 ounces, weight No-salt Added Crushed Tomatoes
- 6 ounces, weight Tomato Paste (no Salt Added)
- 1 whole Bay Leaf
- 12 ounces, fluid Water
- Make sure you have everything ready. In a large sauce pan melt butter with olive oil on medium heat.
- Add the chopped onions, garlic and cook until onions are transparent.
- Add other ingredients, bring to a boil and simmer on low heat for about 25-30 minutes. Remove the bay leaf.